Managing any type of pain can be very frustrating and challenging. Our mission at West Seattle Chiropractic is diagnose and treat you as efficiently and effectively as possible while emphasizing personalized treatment plans and appropriate referrals. Living a pain-free life is something we all strive for, let us help you.
Chiropractic care is a hands-on type of alternative medicine that does not rely on prescription drugs for treatment. Our services focus on manually manipulating the musculoskeletal system, specifically the spine. These manipulations or adjustments help restore joint mobility that has been diminished by the inflammation and pain caused by tissue injury. By increasing joint mobility, we can alleviate pain and muscle tightness, allowing the tissue to heal, therefore restoring joint range of motion.
techniques we use
Cox Flexion Distraction
Functional and Kinetic Treatment With Rehab (FAKTR) — Similar to Graston Technique
Pin and Stretch — Similar To Active Release Techniques (ART)
Trigger Point Therapy
Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation (PNF)
More Than Just your Back
Having pain in your shoulders, hips and knees is something that we all experience at one time or another, whether it is due to a specific injury, repetitive motions or just poor sleeping posture. We are well versed in the diagnosis and treatment of many extremity problems, these can usually be treated with a combination of muscle work, specific adjustments and stretching protocols.
- Great location and even better practitioners. My back has never felt better! - Meghan Y.
- I have been a patient of Dr. Rasmussen for several years now and he has treated me for injuries resulting from 2 car accidents, in particular. One was in 2009 and one was in 2012 - both were the fault of the other driver, just couldn't get out of the way in time. Dr. Rasmussen and his staff are excellent. Professional, friendly, compassionate, trustworthy. His treatments have helped me immensely with the healing process. Now I see him from time to time when I need a tune-up and I always leave his office feeling better than when I went in. I have only met Dr. Barkley once - he seems very nice and the staff say great things about him so I might see him for treatment one of these days. I highly recommend this business. -C.S.
- Dr. Barkley is a phenomenal chiropractor!! He is one of the best docs for figuring out how to resolve chronic issues that other practitioners just shrug their shoulders & tell you to "just take some ibuprofen." Would recommend Dr. Barkley to anyone in the Seattle area. - Adam H.
- Easy check-in and very hospitable staff. Would highly recommend! -Justin R
- Excellent chiropractor! I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Barkley to anyone! Very kind person and great listener too, I felt like I was very well taken care of and my back pain went away very quickly! - Jennifer J.